Friday, September 30, 2011

Black Bean and Corn Salsa

Where does the time go?!  Okay, so I haven't gotten around to posting any pics of the tailgate from last weekend as I promised.  I'm really behind on my pictures...I still need to put up some from Labor Day weekend.  Sigh. 

Yet, I did want to share the recipe with you for the Black Bean and Corn Salsa I love to make.  I think I've made my husband sick of it since I like to make it/eat it soo much.  But it's just so good, and well I guess I feel like it's healthier than a lot of other dips I make loaded with sour cream or cream cheese.  So, this is always a good option!  There are many variations of this recipe out there of course, but I'll share with you the way I make it.  Luckily, I do have a picture I've posted before on here, so I'll just show you this one. 


Black Bean and Corn Salsa

2 cans of black beans, drained
1 can of corn, drained
1 can of diced tomatoes, Italian seasoned tomatoes are great to use to add flavor
Cilantro, chopped and add as much or as little as you like to your own personal taste
1 red onion, diced
1-2 avocados, cubed
1 red bell pepper, diced
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.  Serve with chips, crackers or whatever else you'd like to!  This would be great on a bed of lettuce with grilled chicken or added as a topping on fish tacos.  See there are so many things you could do with this!  Hope you enjoy.

Tara

3 comments:

  1. I love this recipe! It is really had to stop eating it!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, great recipe, definitely going to have to try it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this sounds good! I love the addition of black beans! Yum!

    ReplyDelete