Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Go-To Fall Appetizers (round 1)

September is finally here, and images of Fall are buzzing around everywhere!  I love this time of year, and believe it or not, the weather finally feels decent outside, kind of nice actually.  Although we won't be pulling out sweaters and boots down here in Houston just yet, it's fun to start thinking of the cooler days ahead.  When it's chilly outside, I love to have something warm baking in the oven, especially when company is coming over. 

Here are my favorite two go-to appetizer recipes that are perfect for Fall and Winter.  It only calls for a few simple ingredients that you can keep on hand and quickly throw together if you are in a time crunch.


Puff Pastry Baked Brie
  • 1 sheet of puff pastry (thawed)
  • 1 wheel of Brie
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp. of water
  • flour (for a light dusting)
Heat oven to 400*.  Sread a flat surface with a light dusting of flour.  Get egg wash ready by whisking 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of water.  Spread out thawed puff pastry sheet over flour.  Place brie on puff pastry sheet and wrap sheet around brie using the egg wash to seal the edges.  Cut away the excess dough.  (You can use the excess to make designs for the top of the pastry if you desire although I never personally do but maybe one day...)  Brush egg wash over entire pastry and place on a baking sheet with the sealed side down.  Bake for 25-30 minutes until brie is melted and pastry is a light brown color.  Cool for 10-20 minutes before serving.  I usually serve this with baguettes, crackers or apples and pears.  It's always a hit!

Oh, and of course you can add fruit preserves, honey, nuts, or herbs to the brie inside of the pastry if you want to change it up a bit!  However, I think it's delicious just as it is, but that's just me!  It's warm, gooey and oh so yummy!!  Hope you enjoy.  (I'll post my other favorite fall appetizer tomorrow...come back to see what it is!)

I linked this post up to the Fall Five Linky Party over at Schue Love



Tara

4 comments:

  1. I love baked brie! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, the baked brie looks SOOO good! I am a huge fan, but this takes it to a whole new level! I would love love love if you shared tomorrow on my Fall 5 series! Everyone needs to learn about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you through Natasha's blog! I absolutely LOVE baked brie and you reminded me I need to make it this weekend! :) Cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm! I love baked brie! A perfect fall treat!

    ReplyDelete