Drum roll please! The living room makeover is not complete, but well it's pretty darn close. I've been doing bits here and there since before Christmas when I first learned that I had won Jessie's giveaway for a free e-design! I've showed you the progress along the way and although it's not 100% complete, I feel like if I don't share the reveal now, I might never show it. I mean are rooms ever 100% done? I could keep this going for a long time. So, it's now or never...
If you want to read about the living room makeover and see it's progress over time, you can check it out here, here and here.
Here is how our living room looked BEFORE:
(Note: I had already painted prior to winning the e-design but this was the only picture I had at the time for Jessie to use)
These are the inspiration boards Jessie at Mix and Chic designed for me (using the updated paint color):
For the entry:
She used a table I already had in this space.
For the main focus wall in the living room:
Here is the AFTER of how our living room looks now:
This is what I've come up with using Jessie's moodboards. I hope I make her proud!
List of Items to Complete:
- Add back a table lamp on end table next to couch (dogs playing = broken lamp = get to buy new lamp)
- Hang mirror above console table to add height (as it's leaning here) & clean mirror!
- Order two more blue pillows that I've already picked out
- Get gold frame for pink abstract art print
- Finish styling bookcases & on top of bookcases - need another wine barrel lid for other side and some tall accessories (vases or topiaries or candlesticks)
Whew, glad we finally got through that! A big thanks to Jessie for her fabulous design and all of her help. She was amazing at coming up with a design that I was comfortable with implementing, and she was awesome at keeping in touch throughout the process. We've exchanged a bazillion e-mails along the way, and she always sent me plenty of sources to choose from, which helped tremendously. Thank you thank you!
I'm also linking my living room up to Kelly's Korner home tour - living rooms linky party. Go check it out here.