Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Monday!

Hope all of you had a fantastic weekend!  I know I did!  Had a great date night with my husband Jeff on Friday night, but then since it's been a while since we've actually been in town with no major plans, we hosted a BBQ at our house to hang out and catch up with all of our friends!  We decided that my husband would do some kind of BBQ on his smoker, and I'd make a couple of things, but then we'd tell our friends to bring something if they wanted - potluck style!  This was HUGE for me as I LOVE to cook and entertain so usually I go overboard and make tons of food....however, I must say this was super fun as our friends brought over some amazing dishes, and we were all able to try and taste new things and now want to exchange recipes.  This might have to happen more often since it was so fun! and of course we still had TONS of food!

Here's what I made:

Black Bean, Corn and Avocado Salsa

Mozzarella, Avocado and Tomato Salad (served w/ Baguette)

White Wine Sangria

And Jeff made smoked pulled pork sliders and grilled corn!

I forgot to take a picture of the Strawberry Cake I made, which just means I'll have to make it again to share with you soon!  It was AMAZING (if I do say so myself)!!  We all agreed that it was almost like a big strawberry pancake....Mmmm.  Let's just say we started eating it before dinner and then couldn't stop eating it after dinner!

Also, my friends brought over Elote (a roasted corn dip that was delish), Ceviche (some of the best I've ever had - honestly!), Redfish (that the guys actually had caught on a fishing trip and they seasoned and cooked it perfectly) and Buffalo Chicken Dip (one of my husbands favorites).  Oh and let's not forget the Chocolate Sheet Cake that was so good people just started digging in with their forks! hah

Yes, it was a gluttonous day for sure, but it was so great to catch up with some of our closest friends.   A perfect weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thank you so much for the shout out and I'm so thrilled you enjoyed the recipe. It's a personal favorite of mine. Your comment made my day!! Nice to meet you =))

    ReplyDelete