Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter Re-Cap

Wow, it's already been a week since Easter has passed, so now I'm really behind with posting a re-cap.  However, we had a wonderful weekend full of all of the fun Easter festivities to be expected.

We dyed eggs!  Well, we didn't get around doing this until later in the evening as you can see, so we didn't have good lighting, but it was still fun.  The guys had gone to a baseball game that afternoon, so we waited till we were all together.  I think dying eggs is one of my favorite memories as a child and it's always fun to re-live.  We had my sister and her family with my nieces and nephew along with my sister-in-law and her husband, and we all joined in on the fun.  I think my nephew now does these things to entertain us and please us, but he's getting over it.  :(




I didn't get a picture the next morning of what a big mess the Easter Bunny made in our living room, but there were baskets full of candy, eggs and treats.  Then we hunted all of the eggs he left for us in the house and in the yard.  Silly bunny. 

Here are the girls checking out their creations! 

We cheated and made easy cookies that were already cut into shapes!



We also finally heated our pool, and the weather was perfect on Easter, so the kids were able to take full advantage of it.  They swam the whole morning!  Well, I did too! :)  It was the first time I've gotten to swim in our pool since we moved into the house in November.  I'm so ready for Summer!


Oh and let's not forget that on Good Friday, I went to Canton, TX where Trade Days occur before the first Monday of every month.  It was my first time going, and I was definitely pleased.  They have antiques, boutiqes, craft shops and everything in between! 

I scored this table for a wonderful price. Seriously, we all agreed that one of us girls had to buy it and take it home.  It was too good of a deal to pass up.  This will now be the new desk in our office!  I'm thrilled with the direction of this room now.

XO,
Tara

9 comments:

  1. it is hard to believe that easter was over a week ago! it goes by fast. that table was a great find!! great eye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still jealous of your table!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also still jealous of your table! Also I want to note that it was not the first time in your pool since you guys bought the house...if my memory serves me correctly we all took a dive in on New Years ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Yes, your memory is correct! We did take a dive! In and out as quickly as possible. But it was the first time I've actually gotten to SWIM in the pool. You know without being afraid of hypothermia!

      Delete
  4. so sweet, looks like a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun Easter! And you went swimming....lucky! I bet you will LOVE having a pool this summer!

    I've been wanting to go to Canton...the table/desk you found makes me want to go even more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post... what sweet family pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you and your family had a wonderful Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that table you scooped up! That's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete