Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Rustic Mexican Breakfast Pizza

Happy Belated Cinco de Mayo!!
 
We did not go out to celebrate the day as we both worked a bit later, and well by the time we got home, we were ready to eat and get ready for bed.  So in honor of the day, and due to the fact that I need to go to the grocery store in a major way, I created a Rustic Mexican Breakfast Pizza from items we already had on hand.  It actually turned out to be yummy although it may not look the best.
 

 
Rustic Mexican Breakfast Pizza
 
 Pizza Dough (I used a Betty Crocker Pouch that you just add water to)
1 can Black Beans
1 can Rotel
Mozzarella Cheese
4 Eggs
4 pieces of Turkey Bacon, diced (optional)
Salt & Pepper
Garlic Salt
Cumin
 
Spread pizza dough in pan.  Mix black beans and rotel in bowl.  Use slotted spoon to spoon bean mixture over dough to not add extra juices. Sprinkle cheese over beans.  Break eggs over cheese layer.  Season to taste.  Bake at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes or until dough browns.
 
We decided there are plenty of variations that we would try whenever we make this again.  Avocado would have been delicious if we had any!  I would have liked to have this with a small arugula salad to make it a complete meal.  There's always next time!  How did you guys celebrate Cinco de Mayo?
 
XO,
Tara

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love breakfast pizzas, but have never made one myself!

    My Cinco de Mayo was uneventful...I went to the trouble of printing out some fab Mexican recipes, but by the time I was on my way home, I did not have the energy for anything elaborate and ended up making an easy dinner...

    ReplyDelete