The Liebster Blog Award~
The Liebster Blog Award promotes blogs with less than 200 followers, as a way to get their names out there. Liebster means, 'beloved or dearest', but it can also mean 'favorite'.
Say what?! My little ole blog was granted an award for the very first time! I'm so flattered that Lauren from Simply LKJ thought of me when she was passing on this award. Thank you very much, Lauren!! For anyone that doesn't know Lauren yet, you really should go meet her. She is such a sincere, genuine person. Just by reading her blog, you can feel the warmth and how heartfelt her words are. I've really enjoyed getting to know her better by chatting through comments and exchanging e-mails, and I'm so glad I found her blog and her!
I'm still very new to this big bad blog world, but so far it's been such a great experience. I've met and made connections with such wonderful people, like Lauren, in such a short amount of time and even more than writing my own blog, I look forward to reading the blogs I follow and hearing what's going on in their world. I have many things I want to do with my blog as it grows, and honestly, I don't always get to work on it as much as I'd like since I work long hours and somehow the blog gets shoved to the back. I would like to make it more of a priority, and I so much appreciate those of you that have helped me and reached out to offer suggestions or advice as I've gotten started. I also love that you feel like you have a whole support group to reach out to when needing ideas or advice about shopping, home decor, recipes and nutrition, where to eat or go on trip, or even more personal experiences or hardships. It's really amazing that through a little blog so many opportunities and friendships can develop! I look forward to continuing to make these connections and for those that already follow me, THANKS for sticking by me and reading my blog! I'm really flattered to say the least. :)
And with that said, here are some of my favorite blogs that I'd like to pass on the award to and introduce to you:
In order to accept this award, the recipient must do the following:
1. Thank the person that presented the award.
2. Link back to that person(s) blog.
3. Copy and Paste the award to your blog.
4. Present the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers (bloggers who you think deserve this special recognition).
5. Let those deserving bloggers know by leaving them a comment, or emailing them.
My Fab New Five:
1. Brittany - Fun With the Fullwoods She has such great style and is a fellow Houston girl!
2. Tara - A Brew of Blessings Beautiful girl, and well a beautiful name too! :)
3. Aja - It's a Strange and Lovely Ride Her little girl is absolutely adorable. You'll love getting to see pics of her.
4. Lindsey Anne - Pinklet and C I just stumbled across her blog recently when I fell in love with a bedroom design board she put together and had so much fun going through her decor posts!
5. Jill - A Beautiful Life She's just stunning, has great taste, and is still a mom of 3! wow!
Go check out these fabulous blogs! I hope you love them as much as I do, or even more!
As for this weekend, I'm off to have a girl's weekend with my husband's family. They host an annual all girl's weekend at a lake house every year and this will be the first year I'm attending, and I can't wait. Here's a peek at what my bed looked like last night as I packed.
I plan to soak up some sun and enjoy the weather before it gets too terribly hot here in Texas. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend as well!! XO