Friday, March 2, 2012

Living Room Makeover - Update 1

The living room makeover is coming along very slowly, but I did make a big purchase that I'm excited to share with you all - the RUG!  Of course a rug has a HUGE impact on a room, so with this new addition, I already feel like the room has been transformed in a major way. 

Let's back up first though.  Back in the fall, I first re-painted my living room walls a neutral color.  It was the first step in making changes to our living room.  The prior paint was a faux-finish-sponge something...and it was not my style. (I talked about here.) Now the walls are clean, nuetral and fresh!  But with that said, we have nuetral walls, nuetral tile and a nuetral couch.  My living room was screaming for some pattern and color.  Now fast forward to me winning an e-design from the fabulous Jessie at Mix and Chic, which I posted about here and here.  Now we are all caught up. 

Below is one of the moodboards that Jessie did for me after learning my style, what I wanted from the room, and what colors would be great to include, etc...  I had told Jessie that I was open to color, but that it was hard for me to go with bold choices or push myself to commit although I love the bold styles in other homes when I see them.  Jessie really helped me get to a point that was out of my normal comfort zone, but that I would still be comfortable with.  If that makes sense! haha  So, I was all ready to purchase this rug below when Jessie e-mailed to tell me about the amazing sale that Rugs USA was having. I mean ubelievable prices!  However, the rug shown below was already sold out in the color and size we had originally decided on.  Back to the drawing board.  Jessie sent me a list of other rugs she recommended.......



....and here is what I decided on below!!!  Not the best pictures since I've been lazy and snapping pictures on my phone instead of getting out my new nice camera.  I have to work on that...but back on topic.  I'm loving the new rug in our living room! I like this color although I don't know what to call it because it's not a "light blue" as described when making the purchase although I was warned by the reviews that it was a darker blue. Regardless, I love it! We think it fits in the room well and it actually is a good quality considering the price. 



I have to also say that I'm kind of proud of myself for taking the plunge and going for a bold rug!  It really makes me happy whenever I walk into the room.  Now moving on to the other parts of the makeover...

Happy Friday! Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.

Tara

12 comments:

  1. I am glad you like this rug, Tara! I think the price is unbeatable and the size is perfect! Now, all you need is a couple of beautiful pillows and accessories to complete the living room area. This is so exciting! Looking forward to see more! :)

    Happy weekend!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! Isnt it amazing what a little pattern & color do for the room. Love Jessie's inspiration board as well. Cant wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great pattern and color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new chevron rug!! What a huge transformation that makes alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love it!!! Will be bookmarking this rug for the next house perhaps... : ) Thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rug! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rug is amazing...I love the wow factor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the rug!! I'm still totally in love with Chevron.. though you wouldn't actually know it, since I have none in my home. :) Need to fix that! Can't wait to see the whole room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a small world. Had this in my cart for our bonus room. Love it. Just need it to be lighter. Darn. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great in your room!!! I wonder if the light blue homespun is in fact darker like this one? Hmmmm

    Great choice, girlie!! Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea to get the rug...I love bold patterns too! Have some in my office as we speak! :)))

    www.madebygirl.com
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete